Unlike other religions, Zath does not have a Feast of Zath item.
Nest of Zath
(Level 1 / 50 Feat Points)
Web of Zath
(Level 20 / 5 Feat Points)
- Upgrade to Web of Zath
- Headband of Zath
- Zathite Dancer Beads
- Zathite Dancer Gloves
- Zathite Dancer Skirt
- Zathite Dancer Shinguards
Altar of Zath
(Level 50 / 11 Feat Points)
Blessings of Zath
(Level 60 / 7 Feat Points)
Zath's avatar is a giant spider.
- Attack 1 is a ranged projectile attack that damages buildings at a distance.
- Attack 2 is a series of spider-egg bombs dropped around the avatar that do damage on impact and spawn a spider mobs after X seconds.
- Special attack is ...
|“||New religions are mostly Joel's (Joel Bylos, Creative Director) decision to make. As many people already know, Joel keeps a tight leash on what is allowed to go into Conan Exiles. He had some reasonable ideas of what could be added to the game based on the lore and around the time period of when Conan Exiles is supposed to take place.
Joel presented the Conan Exiles team with a list of options, and they felt Zath had a good mix of both distinct visuals and gameplay, while also doing the religion good justice too. There were a few gods that were given as options they felt they couldn't do proper justice for based on the technology on hand, along with the time they had. While some other gods were too similar to the ones that existed in the game already (Glaucon mentioned one that would have felt like another Mitra, for example).
|~ Nicole Vayo; Andy Benditt; Glaucon; Multigun|
- In the Cursed Sands Discord 3rd birthday developer Q&A event, it was explained why they decided to go with Zath for the new religion.
- The most famous of the Zamoran divinities is Zath, the spider-god of Yezud. Zath's worshippers believe that the great spider-god walks the earth, and must be served by humankind. Indeed, the giant spiders which have occasionally been seen in the hills near Yezud are testaments to Zath's power.
- In the temple of Yezud, the priests of Zath worship an enormous statue of the spider god. It is said that eight huge gems form its eyes.
- Zath is a god of darkness, spiders and poison. Priests of Zath are assassins, madmen and spies.
- Manifestations: According to the cult of Zath, the huge stone idol in the temple of Yezud can come to life, devouring the sacrifice which is regularly brought to it by the spider-robed priests. It can also manifest as the bite of a poisonous spider, or by the sudden webbing of buildings and passages.
- The Priesthood: Priests of Zath do not drink alcohol or fornicate, and those laymen in the service of the temple must also abide by these strictures. Even more guarded are the temple virgins, who dance for the spider-god on holy days. There are rumors of extensive caverns beneath the temple of Yezud, where hundreds of giant spiders reside, fed cattle (and occasionally humans) by the priests of Zath. The cattle come from enforced tithes demanded from the steadings which surround Yezud; it is said that the priests would lose these spiders on the countryside if the king did not permit them their grisly worship. Feridun is the current high priest of Zath in Yezud.
- Zath's first appearance was in Conan and the Spider God by L. Sprague de Camp in 1980