The Votaries of Skelos are a group that believes they have stumbled upon the legendary Well of Skelos, right in the midst of the Exiled Lands. They devote their time to listening for whispers from the well, in an attempt to further their sorcerous knowledge. Lead by the eponymous Vathis, they dedicate their life to studying the Book of Skelos and guard the well, populated by the last of the serpent-man, with their life. Clad in reptile skin and black, ashen robes in an attempt to cover themselves from the searing heat of the environment, these acolyte-warriors are steeled and await any fool, who happen to find his or her way onto their sacred ground, with their weapons forged from sharp, volcanic glass.
Thralls from this faction are the second strongest in terms of health, surpassed only in terms of T4 and only by Relic Hunters.
- T1 or Devotee
- T2: 4500 HP
- T3: 5250 HP
- T4: 7425 HP
This faction is spread all across the Volcano and in between several landmarks. Individual groups are hard to pin down apart from coordinates, since they usually fill the passages from one landmark to another. Some groups are passive, but can be turned hostile when attacked by beasts or when beasts belonging to them attack the player.
Their highest concentration can be found at The Well of Skelos, in and around Shrine of the Oracle as well as Terrace of the Tenders.
- Small camps with strong single enemies make careful pulling an efficient way of dealing with this faction
- Lava around most camps significantly restricts movement when fighting
- not a lot of natural cover against archers, which this faction has many high-tier ones of
- excellent heat protection gear, especially flawless or epic gear becomes mandatory due to stamina drain and Heatstroke
- Items like Glacier-Crack, Ice, Scorpion Ward or Mistmourn are helpful, especially during fights, as well as 30 points in Vitality due to perks
- lots of two-handed weapons mean many enemies with hyper-armor require constant dodging instead of interrupts
- shields can be vital due to the narrow pathways on which has to be fought on
- very high damage NPCs require both careful planning and low risk plays
- unlike every other faction, which mostly use provisional items or tools, the worker Thralls of the Votaries of Skelos are equipped with obsidian weapons, making them much more dangerous
- Road of the Righteous - passive until attacked
- Shrine of the Oracle - passive until attacked
- Bridge of Voormithadreth - hostile
- The Pens - passive until attacked
- The Well of Skelos - partially hostile
- Terrace of the Tenders - partially hostile
Vathis the Hierophant - Story NPC
Emissary of Haon-Dor - Boss (Fighter), hostile
Emissary of Tsathoggua - Boss (Fighter), hostile
Brood-Guard Assin - Boss (Fighter), hostile
Brood-Guard Issis - Boss (Fighter), hostile
Emissary Atlach-Nacha - Boss (Creature), hostile
|Archer||Anos Preyfinder||Hosth the Venomous||Tma the Slithering||Vais the Wayfaerer|
|Blacksmith||Secas the Smith|
|Cook||Ennis the Gobbler|
|Fighter||Daicas the Sharp||Erii the Ravager||Kisthis Fleshtearer||Spinas the Marauder|
|Taskmaster||Risa the Brutal|
The Purge only
The Purge only.
|Coal||Brimstone||Skelos Cult Armors||Nordheimer Armors|
|Hardened Steel Arrows||Ironhead Arrows||Razor Arrows||Steel Arrows|
|Grease Orb||Water Orb||Gaseous Orb||Black Dye|