|“||The Petrified Forest. After a great battle many of the remaining soldiers were turned to stone trees, now weathered away after centuries||„|
|~ Dev Blog|
Description[edit | edit source]
Shattered Springs, nicknamed The Petrified Forest by the developers, is a Location in Conan Exiles in the far-western desert. It was mentioned as early as December 22, 2017 - stating that it would have its own music. It was added to the game for the Early Access launch.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- An area of toxic fumes, which cause a stacking debuff on your character. The debuff does fairly low damage, but multiple stacks become more and more damaging. The debuff (and the damage) can be prevented by wearing a Sandstorm Breathing Mask or Setite Mask.
- There are a number of sulphur pillars here that can be harvested for Brimstone.
Lore[edit | edit source]
The "stone trees" were once soldiers; they were turned to stone by an incantation of the Witch Queen, who destroyed an entire slave army of the giant kings. This event is alluded to at the Shattered Springs Lorestone.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Conan Exiles Twitter reply - September 29, 2017
- The music of Conan Exiles - Knut Avenstroup Haugen returns, posted December 22, 2016
- Community Manager (Jens Erik) - "Knut Composer Blog Question" reply #1, posted December 22, 2016