Lore[edit | edit source]
|“||They clubbed me senseless and dragged me back to their camp, thrusting me into a woven cage full of prisoners. They've been dragging us out, one by one, to their sacrifice pits. The screams of the victims fill the air and the scent... my mouth waters and I hate myself. I've seen the bloody sacrifices that Set requires and the corpulent orgies of Derketo, but these brutes with filed teeth and blood running from their chins... I don't like this darkness. It makes my skin crawl. Some of the other prisoners here are from further north. one of them claims to be a Stygian bounty hunter who came here chasing treasure. [...] There's a loose branch in the weaving of this cage. My Stygian friend and I are working it slowly loose and then we will vanish into the night.||„|
Description[edit | edit source]
The Darfari cannibals are vicious cannibalistic worshipers of the outer god Yog, which is essentially a demon. They capture humans, ritually sacrifice them to their tentacled god, then feast on the remaining flesh. They are primitives with their camps consisting of tents, spikes, bonfires and red banners made out of human skin. Scouting Mission Notes detail some of their vile operations.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- They can be found at the edges of the starting river, in the southern parts of the desert, stretching all the way from the Unnamed City to the jungle.
- Like most Darfari, they are dark-skinned. According to lore, they sharpen their teeth to points. The rarely wear more than loincloths and wear ritual masks.
- The Darfari Cannibals are the second weakest of all Factions. They are better equipped than the Exiles and are not as scattered as they are. However, they are not as powerful as the iron weapons of the Black Hand.
- Darfari enemy NPCs, including Cannibal Brute and Ritualist generally have 195 HP with a few exceptions. Those include most named NPCs such as Una the Venerated; but also Thugra and B’naru Heavyhands - they have a HP pool of 255.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Darfari camps usually have a number of archers, which makes utilising shields and cover very useful.
- Darfari usually have little armor, so armor penetration plays less of a role than sheer burst damage does. Particularly area damage like Two Handed Swords or One Handed Axes works well against the tightly clustered, bigger groups. Spears are amazing against the archers and low armor of Darfari.
- Due to their low hp pool, bleeding and poison is less effective than against higher tier factions, simply due to the fact that Darfari die fast early on.
- Armor is particularly effective against the low-damage-per-hit weapons this faction usually uses. This is amplified by the usually high number of enemies per camp/group and the large number of archers.
Headquarters[edit | edit source]
Camps/Outposts[edit | edit source]
- Bonebreaker's Bend
- Cannibal's Rest
- Carver's Crest
- Death's Shadow Camp
- Dustdevil Ridge
- Fleshtearer Falls
- Gallaman's Overlook
- Heartsblood Rise
- Howling Plateau
- Marrowman's Height
- Narrowneck Span
- Raider's Ridge
- Ravager's Cleft
- Riverwatch Camp
- Skulker's End
- Spinebreaker's Flank
- The Corner of Bones
- The Cursed Way
- The Dryfalls
- Thugra's Stand
- Witness Camp
Notable NPCs[edit | edit source]
- Nunu the Cannibal - Yog Trainer
- Darfari Witch Doctor (Alchemist)
- B’naru Heavyhands (Armorer)
- Pelor the Well-travelled (Bearer)
- Cannibal Brute (Fighter)
- Ritualist (Fighter)
- Thugra (Fighter)
- Yog Arch Priest
The Purge only[edit | edit source]
The Purge only.
|Alchemist||Alzit of the Foul Smell||Examiner B’nor|
|Archer||Grennel the Piercing Storm||Gwhasar Straight-Arrow|
|Armorer||Mar the Maker||Sneer-lips|
|Blacksmith||Rakh Irontooth||Tull Coppertongue|
|Carpenter||Chewin the Hammer||Gula of Zamboula|
|Priest||Akon the Bloodletter
|Una the Venerated
|D'aar the Touched
|Sensha God-touched |
|Smelter||N'put Forgebound1||Parkel Torched-Bottom1|
|Tanner||Master Tanner Ghazin1|
|Taskmaster||Serak the Headhunter1||Th'aat of Gazal1|
Needs further testing / might not spawn yet:
- N'Gal the Cannibal (Archer)
- Takfor Detdu (Archer)
- Filetooth (Fighter)
- J'aal Yog's Chosen (Fighter)
- M'aath the Fleshtearer (Fighter)
1data mined, needs verification
Common Loot[edit | edit source]
- Plant Fiber
- Century Egg
- Flinthead Arrow
- Bone Arrow
- Ironhead Arrow
- Powder of Corruption