Knowledge granted by following the other gods will grant certain advantages. Depending on the chosen religion, an altar can be built as soon as possible, providing unique recipes.
Favor (Manifestation of Zeal) is gained in various ways, usually by crafting recipes with the religion's corresponding sacrifice. Each altar provides a special tool recipe that can be used to harvest human bodies after their defeat for said sacrifice.
- Derketo - Use Derketo's Kiss to harvest Sliver of the Unfulfilled.
- Jhebbal Sag - Use Blood Letter to harvest Sacred Blood.
- Mitra - Use the Mitraen Ankh to harvest Lingering Essence.
- Set - Use the Setite Ritual Knife to harvest Human Hearts.
- Ymir - Use the Hoar-Frost Hatchet to harvest Ice Shards.
- Yog - Use the Yog Cleaver to harvest Unblemished Human Meat.
- Zath - Use the Zathite Ritual Dagger to harvest Venom-purified blood.
List of altars
True Name of xxx
- Note that crafting an avatar from any of the Altars will destroy the Altar and all of its contents, including the Priest. Any Manifestation of Zeals remaining will be in a loot bag but cannot be picked up.
- The same is not true for the Shield.
- Most altars fit well on a 5x5 foundation base and require a minimum of 8 foundations distance between each other.
- Not every member of a clan needs to have spent knowledge points learning the religious recipes since just one player can craft the religious implements and items for everyone in the clan.
- Once an altar has been upgraded to T3, the altar's name and icon will appear on the map, as well as a large bright pillar of white light in the sky above the altar. The name and icon on the map can be seen by all players on the server, clearly broadcasting the T3 altar and location.